CORAL July/August 2014
Volume 11, Number 4
- Lion Tales: Bestselling author Scott Michael takes a fresh look at the charismatic Pterois genus in a guide to the species, natural history, amazing behaviors, and successful aquarium care and feeding.
- Tunicates: Once thought impossible to keep in captive systems, these beautiful and enigmatic organisms are thriving under the care of KORALLE editor Daniel Knop, who shares the hard-earned secrets of his success.
- Breeding Urchins: Martin Moe, godfather of the modern marine aquarium hobby, is still very much a pioneer, and in an exclusive report he documents an amazing “first”—spawning and rearing the West Indian Sea Egg, Tripneustes ventricosus.
- Smarter Cleanup Crews: Dr. Ron Shimek offers a critical look at the myriad snails, worms, echinoderms, and crustaceans offered to aquarists as living maintenance helpers. Some are winners and …. some have no place in your aquarium.
- And much more: Werner Fiedler takes the reader underwater on the reefs of the Komodo National Park, land of dragons and a fabled destination for serious divers;